Dashiki Fever








Welcome back to my world and hope you're having a good week so far. Getting straight to things; this week's post features a gift given to me on my engagement party from a friend of mine. This dashiki dress is custom made and features some tribal prints on a baby blue base. For those that do not know, a dashiki is a loose-fitting, pullover shirt or dress usually sewn from colorful African-inspired patterns or fabric. Considering how vibrant and busy the prints and colors of the apparel is, opt for plain pieces while combining it. What's really fun about this apparel is the fact that it can be dressed up or down. Worn by the young and old, the Dashiki dress is sure to make you look stylish and comfy. Its print is in a wide range of designs, from skirts, dresses, matching pieces, loose fits, and loads of other styles. The most important thing is to have fun with wearing a lot of colors in our one fit. You can see that this dress has been paired with my brown pointed stilettos which I rcently got for a great deal and a leaf-shaped gold necklace. Because the outfit already has a lot going on, I chose to not over accessorize and keep it simple. You can try styling these types of fabric and your own personal designs in any way possible. Make sure you're comfortable in it and that you wear the dress instead of letting it wear you. Have a good week ahead and see you soon! God bless you all!

SPECIAL THANKS & CREDITS TO:
Photographer: Prerna Kishore

6 comments:

  1. Stunning dress girl, I'll see if I can get something like this tailored. Your shoes are lovely as well, I love the slight pattern going on.
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love I'm sure he will look good on you

      Delete
  2. First time here and I think I'm loving your blog.
    Check out my blog bettykrislav.blogspot
    Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey pretty going right away to check yours thanks for stooping by and the feedback

      Delete