Play with Stripes








Happy Sunday and it's good to see you back on the blog! If it's your first time visiting, welcome to my fashion world! Hope you all had a productive and safe week and as we prepare for an upcoming week of new challenges and work, may the good Lord always be by your side and comfort you through the good and the bad. For today's outfit post, I am showcasing my most recent purchases which is the striped Zara midi dress and a pair of gladiator booties (comment below this post on how to obtain a pair of your own). I have noticed that a lot of women are scared to play with stripes because a common theory says that horizontal stripes actually make you look wider, however, I don't think that's always necessarily true. The theory doesn't apply for all body types and therefore it's important for you to use stripes to your advantage. If you wish to appear a few inches taller, try vertical stripes as they can give you a more lean look. Stripes don't always have to be on your tops or dresses. Instead, you can choose to accessorize with them. A striped shoe or handbag can spice up an outfit, or you can take a really simple outfit and throw a striped jacket over it. If you have a round body shape, wide stripes must be avoided as they tend to amplify your size. For this outfit, I paired my midi skirt with my gladiator heels (quite a daring move I would say) and accessorized the look with a gold MK watch. I also gave the options of wrapping a casual denim shirt around the waistline or just letting the dress look as it is. There's a ton of advice when it comes to stripes, but most importantly, try always going for the look that flatters your shape most and rock your style confidently! Have a blessed week and hope to see you again next post!


SPECIAL THANKS & CREDITS TO:
Make-Up Artist: Genevieve Maduakor
Photographer: Prerna Kishore

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. balanced girl,i love your styl cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but elegant πŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want your gown and I want your shoes. You look good.

    www.dleonalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great Yanes! I love stripes but haven't thought of getting a stripped gown. And ur shoes, gorgeous! Love this look. Nice layout as well.I like the new look.

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks you so much all appreciate your comments. xoxo

    ReplyDelete